Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The funny things they say and do...

My kids crack me up. While Susanna is usually a much more serious child (and loves anything involving art...which is bad news for me since I usually don't love anything involving art...but put her at the table with water colors, a paint brush, and something to paint, and she's happy -- and distracted -- for up to an hour!), Luke comes up with the most hilarious things.

Yesterday's prayer at lunch "Thank You, God, for everything and for being with us and for not getting us dead because then I'd be really sad."

Today at the dentist "What are you trying to do, kill me?" Thankfully, the hygeinist is our pastor's wife....(and his teeth were all fine, unlike another child who will go nameless).

Monday, "I'm going to give myself wet willies whenever I say "whatever." Oops, WET WILLIE!" and proceeded to do just that (and continually has since Monday which really cracks me up even more.

Susanna, I have just found out, will do just about ANYTHING for chocolate! I've been struggling to find her "monetary language" and it isn't money. It isn't stickers. It isn't pretty much any kind of reward. I can threaten to take toys away (and do), have thrown away play dough when she won't clean it up, put away doll houses and Barbies and princess things, to no avail. But mention chocolate....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bribery will get you everywhere, especially when you relate it to chocolate! Must be related to me somehow. Sent her birthday package today via UPS. Look for it Monday.
Hugs and kisses to all

Martha said...

Chocolate motivates me, too!