Monday, October 27, 2008

Still going...

my yuckiness, that is. Felt great most of the morning only to get whammed again around noon. Ended up in bed, feeling so lousy that I called Blue Cross's 24-hour help line. Told 'em my symptoms, how long I'd been feeling like it, and she told me "HANG UP AND CALL AN AMBULANCE IMMEDIATELY!" Whaaa? She told me everything indicated heart symptoms; stay laying down until the ambulance got there. Well, I called Tony instead and he rushed me into a VERY jam packed emergency room. Finally got in the back (and I was on the "rush" list! But hey, that guy with the nail sticking out of his hand...yeah, I was hoping they'd get him in first, too!) about an hour later with a doctor coming in half an hour after that, blood tests fifteen minutes later only to have the doc pop his head back in fifteen minutes later and tell me he'd like to run a pregnancy test. WHAAAA??????? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Two hours later (seriously) was the next time I saw someone other than my beloved husband who had left for a finance meeting at church, finished that, came back, left again to check on the market, came back. The doctor came back in, seemed a bit disappointed in my relief that I am NOT pregnant, and told me everything pretty much looks great except for elevated liver enzymes. The two previous blood works I had this year also showed the same, but my doctor didn't think it was a problem. However, he scheduled me in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning of my liver and gall bladder to see what was going on. He also told me if I'm on the tail end of a virus, it wouldn't show in my blood work as my body's antibiotics would have pretty much eliminated everything but the yucky feeling. So...off we headed home and off I'll be to the hospital for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. I feel a bit better than when I went in but still yucky again. It seems I feel better only when I'm laying down.

And Susi has complained the past three days that her tummy "hurtses." Oh. Yippee.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Your life is always so exciting, Lin! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm a little sorry you're not pregnant. At least you'd know what was really the problem. )And we'd have another little one to spoil). I'll keep you in my prayers. Love you all.

LindaSue said...

BITE YOUR TONGUE! BOTH OF YOU!