Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Orange Fluff"

I mentioned in a previous blog about my Watkins booth at our county fair. I was excited when they showed me where my location would be...second booth from one of the two main doors! Then as I looked to see who my "neighbors" would be, I started laughing. The event organizer asked what was so funny, and I told him I loved the location, but my father-in-law wouldn't be too happy with it...I was right next to the DFL booth! Keith asked who my FIL was, and upon hearing the name "Russ Carter," he immediately told me he was going to change my location. I assured him it was fine, but he told me he knew Russ, and he thought it would be better all around if he moved me. I ended up third booth from the other main door...right next to the Republican booth. Another good location, with lots of other great vendors surrounding me.

Anyway, the Republican's rotated who manned the booth every 2-4 hours, and I enjoyed getting to know most everyone who took their turn. However, my all-time favorite was a Carter family friend, Dr. Chuck Fuller. Chuck's turn happened to be during the supper hour, and I encouraged him to try some of the Watkins dip samples I had made. Well, he took one bite of an apple dunked in the mandarin orange dip...then another...and another...and knew he had to have a bottle of his own. Chuck didn't stop there, though. Every person who walked near by, who stopped at either of our booths (and many who probably didn't intend to) was treated enthusiastically by my newest Watkins testimonial and encouraged to try the mandarin orange dip for themselves. Chuck sold quite a few bottles of mandarin orange dip for me that night...and has bought quite a few since! He is also responsible for many more sales to others. He offered to share with you his story:

"We were introduced to what we call "Orange Fluff" this summer at our county fair. This was a landmark day for us as we have been eagerly eating this delightful dip with thin fresh apple slices daily every since. If you don't eat enough fruit, which most of us don't, the "Orange Fluff" with apple slices will remedy that as the combination is absolutely addictive. We have experimented with other food items to dip, i.e. cashew nuts, and have come to the conclusion that any thing dipped into the "Orange Fluff" is a delightful taste experience. Judy makes the dip with Watkin's Mandarin Fruit Dip Mix as follows....Two 8 oz. packages of Philadelphia Creme Cheese, 4 oz. of Kraft marshmello creme, three rounded tablespoons of Watkin's Mandarin Orange Fruit Dip Mix, ...put the creme cheese and marshmello creme in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave until soft...then sprinkle the Watkin's Mandarin Orange mix on the softened creme cheese and marshmello creme, and stir until well combined. What ever is left over ...refrigerate between uses..Enjoy!!!

This Watkins Mandarin Orange powder is available in easy to use 4.6 oz large mouth bottles. You know the old saying " An apple a day keeps the doctor away".

Dr. Chuck and Judy Fuller
Park Rapids, MN


I do need to let you know that the mandarin orange dip is a limited seasonal item...but upon seeing how well the sales took off on this delicious product, I made sure I put in a huge order before it was removed from the line in August. I'm not sure when Watkins will make it available again; perhaps next summer, perhaps in a few years from now, but I currently have a good amount of it in stock. If you'd like to see what all the excitement is about (AND follow doctor's orders about an apple a day), post a comment or give me a call. It is $8.49 a bottle (plus s/h) and will make at least 4-6 batches. It really is scrumptious!

Thanks, Chuck!
LindaSue

1 comment:

Peg Toth said...

Sounds like a winner to me, just like the mandarine orange cheese cake using the Watkins mandarin orange dip. I'll have to try Orange fluff soon since apples are really in season now.