Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm Tired of Being Susanna

So we're eating supper when out of the blue, Susi tells us, "I'm tired of being Susanna. I want a different name." Playing along, I said, "Okay, what shall we call you? I know! Ricky! We'll call you Ricky!" She looked a bit horrified as she replied, "no! I don't want to be Ricky! I want to be..." Interrupting, I told her, "No, you can only be Ricky or Susanna. I rather like Ricky, and that's what I'm going to call you now." "NO! I don't WANT to be Ricky! Just call me Susanna! I LIKE Susanna!"

At least we won't have to get a new birth certificate issued with the name change.....

1 comment:

precious grandma said...

Precious Grandma and Papa only know her as Susanna or Susi. If she changes her name, maybe we won't know who she is! (Although she'll always be in our hearts no matter what she wants her name changed to.) Live you all.