Friday, October 19, 2007

I can't think of a catchy title....






....so I won't. Okay, I think I've gotten things all set up for my blog, including posting a picture and getting a poll question on there. Of course, being the author, I reserve the right to ignore what the majority request I write about and still write about whatever I want -- but I will try to get in what you're interested in from time to time :)

So here's the thing; I'd add more photos to my blog, but our new digital camera (kindly passed on to us when my brother upgraded) doesn't download to our computer, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'm sure there HAS to be some way! Right now, I have to take the disk in every once in awhile to the local drug store which has the do-it-yourself digital photo processing and have them transfer everything to a CD. Since there are a few hundred photos on our camera right now (due, largely in part, to my parents taking lots of grandchildren photos when they were here...and because they forgot their camera -- and also from my beloved's recent birthday party as well as lots of photos from our pumpkin parties), I'll probably be getting a disk made soon. In the mean time, I'll post a few photos from earlier this year. The one of Susanna is one of my favorites. And as much as she loves the farm, tractors, digging in the dirt, and keeping up with her big brother, she also loves her "helping" in the kitchen, being a "pincess" (especially "Cinereyya"), and hating to have dirty hands (or maybe it's just that she loves washing her hands...). The second photo is of Susanna and me with my grandparents who passed away within months of our visit. I am so thankful and blessed that we had time to spend with them one last time. And the last one is of my two boys, the big handsome one and the little "sharp" one (boys are sharp, girls are beautiful).

I probably won't post photos that often. With our very slow dial-up, it takes a pretty long time. But I will promise to write more interesting things in the future (although doing this blog right now really is pretty interesting...at least to me!).

Okay, a few last things before I close. My kids have finally fallen asleep at nap time. It only took an hour and a half, several warnings, and three spankings (one had two, the other had one). See, our rule for bed time and nap time is that you cannot get out of bed before you fall asleep -- they're in the same room, and without that rule, which is usually followed very well, they would never get to sleep. The second time I went up to give them a warning, Luke quickly ran across the room and dove into bed...but not until the door opened. I left after letting them know that if I had to come up again, they would probably both get a spanking. Fifteen minutes later, I went back up to find Susanna out of bed...although she quickly ran back to hers and informed me she WAS in bed, Mama! And how in the world do you not laugh when given 2-year-old logic? "Don't spank me, Mama, it will be a big ouchie!" But two spankings, lots of hugs and kisses, and tucking both back into bed did get the desired results. And no, they are NOT ready to give up naps yet (nor am I) -- the few times we went "napless," the whole house was miserable by 6:30.....

I have also learned to ask my children what they mean before jumping to conclusions. Of course, "Mama, Luke hit me!" doesn't usually need translation (although it often comes without the precursor "I hit Luke and he hit me back" although sometimes his reasoning is "well, Mama, I hit her just because she was there"), but "Mama, you are very lizardy" did cause me to ask if that was good or bad. "Oh, Mama," was the answer, "it is VERY good. It means you are very lovely and loving and kind and good and you have farkles." "Farkles," in 3-year-old speak, translates to "freckles."

Gotta go. Still have those four dozen cookies to bake, rice crispie squares to make, and cupcakes to whip up before tomorrow's pumpkin party. I'm forgoing the pies this week, and I'll cook up the soups at the market when I get there (the beauty of selling soup mixes where you just add water -- quick and easy, plus a way to sample and sell product!). I'll post some pumpkin party photos people have forwarded when I get a few minutes....or when I finally get mine on disk!
Smiles and blessings,
LindaSue

4 comments:

liz said...

Looks great, Lin! (Except for the font, which is a little hard on my middle-aged eyes.)

liz said...

Oops, I meant to type the font SIZE.

LindaSue said...

yeah, I'm still expiramenting....

GramS said...

Yea, these OLDER eyes don't take that small print very well either. That was my first thought. But to see MY DAUGHTER complaining about her middle-aged eyes???? Wow, what does that make mine? Actually, one little kindergarten girl this afternoon told me about some milk she spilled when she took her tray back to the window, and wanted me to know since I was older, and older people might slip. I asked how old she thinks I am. Probably around 14, she said. Maybe I AM closer to middle-age, huh?